Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fable 2  (Read 953 times)

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fable 2
« on: August 24, 2008, 03:59:50 pm »

So I've decided I'm going to buy Fable 2 first instead of Sacred 2 this fall(unless it gets terrible reviews).  I hated the first Fable because it was so linear and childish, but this game sounds like it is going to do some pretty cool things.

Don't you just love Peter Molyneux?  Sure his games never turn out as good as he describes them, but boy the guy sure is ambitious and excited about making games.  I swear, every game he has put out always has that "family" element to it.  I guess he's big on family.

I'm always apprehensive about his games, but if he can deliver just half of what he's proposing, F2 sounds awesome.

The fact that you can buy your own house, dungeon or castle, marry, have sex and have children sounds pretty darn cool.  Supposedly the world is going to be completely free-roaming with no HUD (or mini-map) and you can also play in Co-op mode.

You can also cheat on your husband/wife and get divorced.  You can also risk getting an STD.  One of the things that baffled me though, is the protected/unprotected sex thing.  I mean, do you have to "equip" a condom?!  What about if you play a female character, does she equip her partner with a condom?!  ???

Apparently there have been a few things already removed from the final version.  You won't be able to work as a prostitute (although there are lots of other career options).  They are also debating whether the female characters will actually go through a pregnancy cycle where she will "look" pregnant.  I guess your character getting stabbed in the belly while pregnant has ticked people off (I wonder why...).

So, although some things sound pretty controversial, I hope it turns out as realistic as possible.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Fable 2
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 04:17:02 pm »

On developer release: Awesome!
 On first playtests: Slightly less-than-awesome.
 On those playtests going public: Not awesome anymore.
 On release to the general public: Okay, this is starting to get bad.
 On release to other countries: This is a game?!

Personally I don't look forward to sex elements(Eeh, I don't see much gameplay fun there other than the obvious way.), but if you can make a world where EVERYTHING is open then you have got gold.

And do condoms 'miss' >20% of the time?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smeej

• Bay Watcher
  • The last thing you remember...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 05:30:25 pm »

It'll only be interesting if the world actually varies as much as they say it does.

General rule for Lionhead goes: Take initial excitement about game and divide by 2 and that's how much you will enjoy the game. They make FUN games, but they never release the games they describe initially and they almost never turn out the way you thought they were going to.

I'll be playing this tho.
IT'S A SAD THING THAT YOUR ADVENTURES HAVE ENDED HERE!!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 09:20:25 pm »

Eh, I don't care if a game has sex elements or not. It's neither a good or a bad thing, it all depends on how well made it is. As in how it influences the game, you pervs. If you can see tangible effects of divorces in a medieval setting, then you got something fun there.

I mean, does anyone remember fallout? It had sex. Nobody I know ever complained of it, instead they had a kick out of it, walking around with the Pimp feat.