Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tame croc rampage  (Read 946 times)

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
Tame croc rampage
« on: August 24, 2008, 02:22:28 am »

My fortress is under pretty much constant seige from huge goblin armies, so I decided to recruit some allies from the underground river...cave crocs.  I trapped 4 of them, had the DM tame them all, and then released them with the intention of tying them to some strategically placed chains.  *watch croc".
As soon as I opened the cage, the tame Crocs went berserk in my fortress.  with goblins outside the fort, and "tame" crocs inside, I think this is the end.

Any ideas on what i did wrong?

Edit...odder and odder.  One of the crocs is happily relaxing with a bunch of party-goers in the underground forest.   The other three are trying to eat everyone in sight.  I{m even more confused.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 02:25:33 am by niltrias »
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tame croc rampage
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 02:25:58 am »

I've heard tell that any supposedly "tame" creatures that have killed a dwarf pre-taming will not in fact be tame at all, and will in fact proceed to murder the lot of you.  Did your crocs kill anyone before?
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 02:31:25 am »

I am assuming not...If they kill a dwarf they get named, right?  none of them were named at the time of their taming.  Two of them have since been namedby the dwarves, however. lol
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Grand_Marquis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 05:59:51 am »

Ah, but this is a good thing!  Now that they're named, your engravers will have something both interesting and relevant to chisel into the floors and walls!

..your engravers are still alive, right?

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 06:22:17 am »

Sounds like that only 1 of those Crocs was tamed actually. There was a bug or something related to this, that when you assigned creatures to be tamed, sometime it happened that the tamer tried to tame the same animal over and over, instead to tame all of the designated creatures.

acidd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 04:45:11 pm »

I tihnk I read that if you assign a creature to be tamed and use repeat, then it repeatedly trains that exact same creature, rather than lots of creatures of the same type. Seems like it would be an easy 'fix', assuming that's what happened?

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 05:13:35 pm »

I tihnk I read that if you assign a creature to be tamed and use repeat, then it repeatedly trains that exact same creature, rather than lots of creatures of the same type. Seems like it would be an easy 'fix', assuming that's what happened?

Yep, that was it what Ive mentioned earlier...