Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why don't I have enemies?  (Read 668 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Why don't I have enemies?
« on: August 25, 2008, 03:47:09 am »

I'm getting just a bit tired of my current fortress and I want to start a new one. Problem is, nobody wants to attack me! My fort is worth over 900,000 dwarf currency! I've got around 110 dwarves (no baron yet). What else do I need?

Oh, I'm not sure whether any goblin civs live nearby. Would that be a reason they're not attacking me? The kobolds do live nearby, though.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Why don't I have enemies?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 04:43:42 am »

Have you had any babysnatchers yet? If so, the gobs will appear in the [c]ivilisation screen, along with any other nearby civs. If they're there, just wait, it might take another year or two, but they'll arrive.

If you haven't gotten at least a babysnatcher by now, I'd say you probably embarked in an inaccessible area (eg a closed off valley, island etc).

You can check which civs will be nearby in the embark screen by pressing tab.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 06:40:59 am »

Annoy some elves and/or humans by killing off their caravans and seizing their goods. Eventually, they'll attack.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 03:11:03 pm »

There's an invasions toggle in the init file; I don't know why it would be turned off but you might want to double-check.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:25:20 pm »

Invasions is on. I checked it. No babysnatchers yet. Maybe I will annoy some dwarves later on, if the fort is still alive by Sept 1 :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.