Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Crazy constructions  (Read 3103 times)

SheepishOne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy constructions
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 03:06:31 pm »

Huh. Well mine isn't so crazy as all of yours but that's probably because it means more for unimportant dwarf-traveler survival than it does insane ways to kill things.

I started sea island colony called Valeoar and couldn't find how to get through the 3-level aquifer. Well I was partially done with all the building materials (30ish pipes and corkscrews) when I discovered the northern coastal region had jagged andesite sticking up out the water. So I did what any good dwarf mastermind would do, I started building walls in the areas where waves would recede and recrash. Now the waves crash -around- them, but never far enough. Got it all finished, burrowed down, voila. Pierced right on through with some sexy wavefront property.

Now I'm busy turning the entrance into a lighthouse (tower with anything suitable at the top, and a dwarf devoted to living up there). What I find amazing is that the two tile island is in the middle of an ocean, yet I've still got immigrants and dwarf trade.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:24:32 pm by SheepishOne »
You're flocked if you do and flocked if ya don't.

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 04:20:30 pm »

They tunnel their way in.

EvilCheerio

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats Candlejack doing h
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2008, 09:30:40 pm »

Man, i just had the greatest idea for a fortress. It would extending all the way to the bottom and nearly all the way to the top. around the subterranean portion would be a 2 tile wide moat, leading all the bottom. then, using waaaaaay too many screw pumps and waterwheels and machinery, i would have water constantly pumping up to the top of the tower, and that would poor over the three tile wide entrance to my base, which would have two sets of drawbridges, 1 that actually lets my dwarves out, and another that diverts the water away from my dwarves, then i would have a base behind an artificial waterfall. It could just be a few z levels high, but what fun is that.
Delicious wine biscuits
 A real dwarf can survive on meals consisting of Wine, beer, and more wine.
Pages: 1 2 [3]