Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 500 FPS  (Read 2434 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 500 FPS
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 10:35:20 am »

It just didn't seem worth it at that point in the game's history to justify re-tweaking all of the init and keybindings to my personal taste all over again.
At least the keybindings should be completely transferable by copying the keybindings-file from the old init directory to the new init directory. This goes mostly for the init-file too, except that you will have to add the new options there. If there is any.

P.S. I find it quite amusing that only one post this far (not counting PTTG??'s starting post, surprise surprise) has been on-topic.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:38:03 am by LASD »

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 10:40:21 am »

I will explain; I like to use the 'new math' form of sequential numbering. I'm sorry if any philistines in the audience became confused, their primitive minds boggling in terror and reacting in the only way they know how. That said, I will not be able to pay to repair or clean your computers. What I can do for you is explain that, though it is certainly beyond your mental facilities to understand the system, I can tell you that 50a in conventional, or "basic" or "stupid" math would be written as '40a'
isnt 50a in normal means 990?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 12:02:06 pm »

As much as I'm tempted to try the latest version, I've also heard it's got some very irritating redrawing issues.

I'll stick with 39e for now.
Err..  what's your judgment against 39f, though?

There wasn't any new feature I found interesting, or any bugfix for a bug that often flew into my face.

It just didn't seem worth it at that point in the game's history to justify re-tweaking all of the init and keybindings to my personal taste all over again.

From what I can tell, the FPS has received steroids.

And the redrawing issues mostly seem to happen with the cursor, minimap and unknown areas. As log as you have your minimap closed, it should work fine.

As for version 50a...

Urist McFly: Doc, we better back up. We don't have enough Core reqs to get up to v.50a.
 Dr. Kogan Brown: Reqs? Where we're going we don't need reqs.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 07:50:12 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 02:31:53 pm »

Urist McFly: Doc, we better back up. We don't have enough Core reqs to get up to v.50a.

Use color=cyan for Core items.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 07:51:09 pm »

Use color=cyan for Core items.

Thanks. I was kinda rushing the post and was having trouble thinking of a better Back to the Future quote that was editable for DF.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 [2]