Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Options to make farming more difficult?  (Read 614 times)

Analfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Options to make farming more difficult?
« on: August 18, 2008, 05:52:26 pm »

Farming as it stands right now it way too easy. As we all know a single 5x5 plot can feed a good sized fort for awhile. So any suggestions on how to make farming harder would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 06:04:29 pm by Analfish »

magikarcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Options to make farming more difficult?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 06:19:34 pm »

Play an older version of DF. Also, I believe there is a mod out there called 'Legendary Lands' that makes farming harder, along with many other things. I am not sure if that name is accurate though.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 08:52:37 pm »

Remove plump helmets, or to make it even harder, remove all plants that grow inside and then don't bring any seeds with you. You are going to forage for your seeds.

Edit: You can also increase the grow duration for your plants, causing you to need to stagger your planting more.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Analfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 08:56:49 pm »

I read on the wiki that 1008 grow duration is equal to one season. So I'm thinking that making plants take at least 2-3 seasons to grow would make things quite difficult.

Also I saw cluster size might be a good option, but I heard that was bugged in some way. Is that still true for the latest version?