Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do it Yourself Army Arc: Will It Work?  (Read 1118 times)

Domini0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do it Yourself Army Arc: Will It Work?
« on: August 15, 2008, 11:56:11 pm »

Pardon me for the confusing title, but I had an epiphany. Here's the idea:
1.  Create a fortress on another civilization's town
2. Abandon it
3. Reclaim it: you should start out with at least 30+ military dwarves
4. Abandon again
5. The military dwarves become refugees, wandering in a migrant group now visible on the adventure travel map via latest update
6. Create an Adventurer and their army
7. Find the migrant group and do battle
8. ???*
9. Profit!!!!*
The idea hit me a second ago, so the plan may not be full proof. However, if this does indeed work then I wouldn't mind seeing a challenge evolve from this. What do you guys think?

* Sorry, I had to  ;D

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: Do it Yourself Army Arc: Will It Work?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 02:25:37 pm »

I think the biggest problem with this is that your companions may not attack the dwarves you just made hostile, since they aren't attacking them. So they'd most likely sit by and watch as you got brutally destroyed.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 02:47:55 pm »

You may be able to do this if you can find a goblin and dwarf civ at war already. Then, add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to the goblins, then do the first reclaim with goblins and the second reclaim with dwarves.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Domini0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 03:12:39 pm »

I think you start "wars" in adventure mode by simply attacking another civilization. I recall creating a raiding party of five and attacking a dark fortress that I previously attacked  on an adventurer (from the same civ)to start the conflict. The group was composed of my own retired adventures that hadn't even seen the civilization before yet they still rushed in and killed everything on site (The poor children didn't stand a chance  :'( ). I'm wondering how frequently abandoned fortress populations become migrant groups. I haven't read much on the forums about migrant groups but as far as I can tell its feasible.

As for your men not attacking... you could just get the first hit to flag the enemy and pray that they don't zerg rush you. Other than that I don't know.

You may be able to do this if you can find a goblin and dwarf civ at war already. Then, add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to the goblins, then do the first reclaim with goblins and the second reclaim with dwarves.

I may just have to try that.

(sorry for the run-ons... my comma key is broken)

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 04:06:01 am »

When you attack the refugees, and they fight back, they are listed as enemies of your kingdom, so attack with your own kind, and you are guaranteed to get a battle out of it.