Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crazy Coincidental Meta-Universe Imagery  (Read 789 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crazy Coincidental Meta-Universe Imagery
« on: August 13, 2008, 06:17:49 pm »

I had been digging out an apartment block. The walls of several rooms, I noticed, intersected a vein of green Malachite, so I decided to begin excavating it.

Nothing abnormal there, just perfectly regular gameplay, nothing out of the ordinary going on...

20 minutes later I'm sitting here in stunned silence, staring at what I can only describe as... a corporate logo for my current ISP: O2 Internet.

I'm speechless.

[Edit: Fully mined out the veins now, so there's the complete pic. I didn't think it could look any more like a 2, but it turned out almost perfect...]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 06:26:49 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Domini0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Coincidental Meta-Universe Imagery
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:44:41 pm »

*quickly looks up O2*
You're right, except that the O is larger than the 2 from what I saw. I think their subliminal messaging is just starting to kick in on you. Next thing you know, it'll be all you dream about  ;D

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 08:08:17 pm »

Well, don't get the wrong idea. I didn't mine this shape intentionally. The block of rooms is the same shape I always use, and all I did was mine out every piece of Malachite (I wanted to get the entire vein). It was entirely down to chance that the mined-out squares would form this, and even weirder that the 'o' and the '2' would be different colours, just like a real logo.

Not saying this looks like the O2 logo at all (I don't even know what it looks like). But when I checked up on my miners and saw the whole picture, it was this spooky shape.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 11:34:47 pm »

Ahh, so that's how Toady got so much in "donations" this month. He has started including subliminal advertising in the game!

What next, a vein of hematite in the shape of the Coke logo?!?

;D
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 04:05:11 am »

adverting what? oxygen? i would wonder if it will pay to much to be adverted... it alredy has a monopol about being needed ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime