Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My dwarves have a sense of irony...  (Read 2557 times)

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
Re: My dwarves have a sense of irony...
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 05:23:37 am »

I think you should build a tomb out of that, give it to that miner and let him lead the exploration! His death will be a glorious one.
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 01:58:38 pm »

My dwarves just know how to piss me off... My legendary engraver (my only one so far in my 2 year old fort) went into a strange mood, claiming a craftdwarfs workshop. He began drawing pictures of shells and skeletons so I hurridly begin slaughtering one of each animal in the vicinity. Having done without fufilling his demand for bones I also realize that my stockpile of shells has gone missing so I hurridly force my fisherdwarf to begin fishing in the swamps again, thankfully he caught 3 turtles which were hurridly prepared and eaten. The shells, having been taken to my none too distant stockpile. Then, to my dismay, as my engraver hurries to the stockpile, not 3 seconds from picking up his desired bones (turned out he wanted turtle bones...) and shells, he is overcome by madness and depression =.="

Yeah, you know, you'd think that finding the materials you wanted at long last would go far towards staving off the madness.

Unless it was a possession, in which case having the strange force possessing you get bored and wander away just while you were getting the last few bits of stuff would certainly drive one mad.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 05:37:14 am »

Just close the front door.  The goblins will stand around outside confused until get you whatever you need built.

Goblins can't open doors or pick locks.

Also the chain is great for sprucing up a noble's room.

But I do like the name.

Unless they bring trolls. In that case, Armok help you.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 03:33:34 pm »

Just close the front door.  The goblins will stand around outside confused until get you whatever you need built.

Goblins can't open doors or pick locks.

Also the chain is great for sprucing up a noble's room.

But I do like the name.

Unless they bring trolls. In that case, Armok help you.
Copper doors are Armok's blessing.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 05:23:32 pm »

I'm not sure, but I think trolls and other large creatures can now topple walls. Go with that moat to be really safe.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Ryo

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 06:04:09 pm »

Speaking of irony - most of my dwarves (humans actually, but meh) have all been building the waterworks recently. It's a labyrinth of pumps, grates, waterfalls and gear assemblies. Unfortunately, one peasant became trapped on a roof and died. Of dehydration.
Pages: 1 [2]