Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 40d16 - Computer sound crash.  (Read 1311 times)

Booken the Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
40d16 - Computer sound crash.
« on: October 19, 2009, 07:28:25 pm »

The game plays normally but eventually dwarf fortress makes my computer sound crash. The music (and all sound from all sources) stops and is replaced with some very annoying noise.
Creature Mod:Wyrms!
You forgot a detail: Dorfs get webbed in GCS webs and trigger traps. Right now we have some 12 caged dwarves, including you.

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 40d16 - Computer sound crash.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:12:05 pm »

How long have you been playing DF?  How long does it take before the sound crash happens?
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 06:32:46 am »

If the whole PC has locked up then the repeating sound is expected. This issue is your pc locking up, not the repeating sound.

If your pc is still usable but the sound is repeating then I've never even heard of that happening before.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 09:56:29 pm »

Could be a driver issue.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.