Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39f] [OCEAN] human city on the coast spawns over ocean. Hilarity ensues.  (Read 1341 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

As an adventurer I visited a human settlement on the coast with startbiome:OCEAN and received "a section of the cavern has collapsed!" message followed by a number of death messages.

I didn't think much of it until two towns later I spawned in a tavern and instantly died, followed by another cavern collapsing message and this time about half the town had fallen into the sea and died.

Pressing space showed an overview of the sea which the tavern had collapsed too with mist and dust flying everywhere.

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile

You are that feather that broke the town's support's back.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile

startbiome:OCEAN

Did you expect them to build a boardwalk or something?

kein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress Wiki page

I expected movies :D

Kalimar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Their carbon emissions got them in the end.

MercDraco

• Bay Watcher
  • Royal Hammerer, Smasher of Stupid Nobles,
    • View Profile

*hides his Pick and Saw*

yea lets blame Carbon emissions and gobal warming on this one, however this is very funny that human towns are getting dragged into the sea  : ;) while dwarves just build a few pumps and glass and end up sitting in glass fortresses under the sea (no singing plz)... ever wonder what would happen if toady made it so hammerers could break glass and you had one of these fortresses... ;D
*moves on to next town*
The Cake...is...a...LIE!!!
The Worlds Best Trap includes a single left footed -Pig Tail- sock.
Madness? This isn't Madness...This is DWARF FORTRESS.

Relee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder if that's what was behind that one human civ in dwarf mode that only had fish, shark, and whale products...
- Relee the Squirrel --

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

startbiome:OCEAN

Did you expect them to build a boardwalk or something?

Uhh, if you've ever been to an [OCEAN] tagged civ you'd realize Toady has checks to have their buildings on the coast, not in the sea. So yes, after he gets around to it I'd expect human towns not to randomly drop into the ocean. I'm just letting him know.