Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39F]Weird empty tiles.  (Read 705 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
[39F]Weird empty tiles.
« on: August 09, 2008, 07:50:17 pm »

For reals this time, I have a bug to report.

I embarked an ordinary looking map (river, some chasms somewhere), and there's a patch of weird empty tiles in the ground.  On the surface they look like deep holes-

They go all the way down to the bottom of the map, where it's still just air space.  Notice that underground, it doesn't list anything in the tile, but it still acts like open space-

Where it starts getting really wacky is when I interact with them.  I tried dumping an object on the space like a pit.  The object just sits in the Open Space tile on the surface, and the dwarves disregard it for pathfinding.  Trying to pit an animal spams Inappropriate Building cancelations.  Then the weirdest, designating a tile anywhere underground makes all the underground spaces revert to normal hidden earth, and changes the ones on the surface-

So yeah, I have no clue what this is.  Bug log didn't mention anything like it, and I'm not even sure what I'd search the forum for.  Untouched save file is here-
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=411
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [39F]Weird empty tiles.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:37:56 pm »

Huh, they aren't really in a pattern I recognize, unless it's corrupted vegetation or something (not sure why that would go all the way to the bottom).  Hopefully it reproduces from the embark location and seed, since I probably won't get much out of the post-gen save itself.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!