Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39e] Hunter fails to cancel hunting after giving birth  (Read 579 times)

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
[39e] Hunter fails to cancel hunting after giving birth
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:52:38 pm »

While my hunter was hunting she gave birth but failed to cancel the hunting and start seeking infant. She was ~4 squares away from a prey and chasing it.

Lucky for the infant she fell in the (empty) moat and was rescued. The mommy is currently relieved from hunting duty.

Also: I've got a goblin wrestler holding the throat of my tax collector. Both of them are 99% of time unconscius and they refuse to die from thirst/hunger. They've been up to it for a couple seasons now. Long enough for the over-exerted goblin wrestler to have become elite wrestler from maybe normal/competent.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 07:26:39 pm by Ametsala »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [39e] Hunter fails to cancel hunting after giving birth
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 09:32:56 pm »

The hunter had a target so will continue fighting.  The fact that it was prey and something that wasn't actively attacking isn't considered at this point.

The invader won't get hungry/thirsty, but is tax collector showing any signs of hunger/thirst?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
Re: [39e] Hunter fails to cancel hunting after giving birth
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 11:54:00 am »

Could it be done so that instead of giving birth in the middle of a battle the mother either only gives birth out of combat or gets a miscarriage and becomes very upset?

I played for a season but the tax collector did not become hungry/thirsty. He was exhausted, winded and nauseous. His  upper and lower bodies were broken and his throat mangled. After I got bored of waiting and killed the goblin the tax collector bled to death almost instantly.