Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Once the update hits, it'll be impossible NOT to build a fort near a road  (Read 4565 times)

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Must...Resist...Attempts...to...Flood...Tunnels...With...Magma...

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile

I hope goblins will (if they have access) use the tunnels for a siege or two.  :D
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile

...I did that. It is because of me that happened. I made a kobold into roadkill on the highway, and scraped him up and took his stuff. That is my Fortress! That is Ontak Deler, The Arm of Steel!

Permission to blatantly rip this off for a signature?

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile

I wonder if you can be a badass and put traps on the road or buildings to block the traffic. I'd like to make an impenatrable anti-trade wall and see if the entire economy gets f--ked up,

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile

...I did that. It is because of me that happened. I made a kobold into roadkill on the highway, and scraped him up and took his stuff. That is my Fortress! That is Ontak Deler, The Arm of Steel!

Permission to blatantly rip this off for a signature?

I would be honored.
"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma

Yami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder if you can be a badass and put traps on the road or buildings to block the traffic. I'd like to make an impenatrable anti-trade wall and see if the entire economy gets f--ked up,

I thought you couldn't trap roads?
Is it a bad sign that I purposefully deface masterwork engravings because I understand the importance of the throwing skill?

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com

I can't wait until actual worldwide site-to-site economy is implemented, so that things like this can happen. Hopefully by then this will put you at war with the civ that uses the road(or not if you have some good negotiators at your fortress and pretend nothing happened), or maybe even two or three (even different races) if the road connects two or more civs.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile

I will make roadside dinners just for the fun of it.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile

I for one will be glad when I'll actually be able to use roads to help me navigate into settlements in adventurer mode.

Sure the game tells you which direction to take into town but it'd be nicer to, you know, follow the road.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

I thought you couldn't trap roads?

Well, you can't trap a road tile. But nothing stops you from deconstructing the road and then building traps there. At least, I assume we'll be able to deconstruct roads made in world-gen.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 2 [3]