Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is it possible for ANOTHER band nerd to be interested in DF too?  (Read 1797 times)

Syreal

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Magma Bather
    • View Profile
    • Syreal Games
Re: Is it possible for ANOTHER band nerd to be interested in DF too?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 09:20:19 pm »

What Academy? Drum Academy? Drumstick Academy? The United States Air Force Academy?
You die in the heat.

Rawl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 02:36:11 am »

I'm not sure there are enough 'suicide' drills to make a Boatmurdered-themed field show... if you could even keep the percussion line from going "On Break" all the time.  ;)

Back in my day we just called 'em death drills, I mean sure we marched of our own free will ultimately it was the directors choice to kill us. Or at least try really hard... wait I HAVE it!! Thats the connection between DF and The Corps. Desire by the one in charge to kill that wich he is in control of... or something. :-\

Caskman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 12:26:07 pm »

wow, i love all the different connections people came up with lol...but this is related to DF just because I was wondering if extremely motivated people in Drum Corp waste their time to play this game too

P.S.  the word "waste" = total sarcasm...I love this game :)
 reject your reality and substitute my own

Astus Ater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 09:30:53 pm »

Once a band nerd, always a band nerd, so I guess I count even though I'm not in marching band anymore. Drum corp shows are cool, but I prefer seeing the entire band, as there is nothing more suicidal than doing a suicide block with Tubas.

(Or you could be in a poor band like mine was, and have to do those while on the high schools blacktop during practice, and having to watch out for poles.)
Legendary Liar:  "I just stabbed you and you died.  Sorry."
Victim:  "Well, if you say so." *thud*
Pages: 1 [2]