Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods III :: Turn 2 :: Please join! (but STILL under construction.)  (Read 12460 times)

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shimmering into place inside the meeting hall, Karn steps forward. "I hope I haven't missed anything too interesting" he comments as he fumbles in his pockets for the game tokens he carved a couple of decades back.
"Just a dragon attack, mass sacrifice, and possession" an unidentified voice calls out. Karn ignores him, he knows most of the gods don't view him as equal to them, he planned to use this game as an oppurtunity to prove them wrong. Pulling a battered and time weathered token made out of what appeared to be crystal from a pocket which lead into a pocket dimension, he placed it on the board, smiling as it began to pulse with a strange light. A bag full of more tokens, less aged than the first and made of wood was then upended next to the main token. Karn sat back in his throne and watched the tokens take on a light of their own, the civilisation will have to make their own way from here, lest he be accused of cheating.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doulos shivered, it was cold here, and the light was fading fast. It had been a hard fight, and many had died in the elders quarters, but they had managed to open a portal to... somewhere else. They appeared to be on a rocky mountain of some kind, they'd practically appeared right on top of a largish spring. Night had fallen quickly, and vegetation was sparse, so shelter was temporarily out of the question. He hoped it didn't get that much colder, there was only 46 of them after all...

The Silent Ones have teleported onto 40,115 (if thats the river source way down on the bottom, correct me if I'm wrong) with 51 able workers!

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One Week Later...
Doulos examined the new structures, warm in his goat leather clothing. It hadn't taken them long to learn the goats were about the only creature that lived around here, but at least they made reasonably good eating. After the first night they had set about building some primitive stone huts, the last of which had just now been completed. Still, he would not feel safe until they had begun metalworks construction, most of his men were working with bone tolls and weapons, apart from the few that had managed to keep their swords. For the smithys they would need fuel, lots of it, and the vegetation on the hill was sparse. They had obtained plenty of ore from the hill already, but nothing to smelt it with. With this in mind he called his scouts to him and gave them their orders. They were to travel in goups of 4, each heading in one of the four compass directions. One of the more apt mages had said there was the possibility they were on an island. With that in mind he told the scouts to the size of the coast should they find any. He also gave them one last imperative : " Do not, under any circumstances, stop or travel more than 5 stretches from this base. Remember, this is just a temporary base, and your main job is to find us a better home. Scouting comes secondary. Now go!" with that the scouts ran off to prepare for their journey. Doulos turned away, the homes still needed insulating, and for that they needed more goat leather...

OOC: For convenience a stretch is a tile, and correct me if I'm wrong, but will my scouts be able to return by next turn, if they follow Doulos's orders?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:15:27 am by deadlycairn »

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile

((Scouts may travel a number of tiles equal or less than the speeds you posted in the OOC thread. If they are close enough to return by next turn, then they may return by next turn. If you want to do some math concerning speeds, a turn is 6 weeks, from that you can find out how many tiles you can cross in one week. Technically your scouts can return the same turn they left.

Also, it would be nice if you edited your post instead of making a lot of smaller ones. There is a 'Modify' button in the upper right corner of your posts. It is necessary to make new posts only on new turns. Usually we try to go for one RP post per turn for each player.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((Dont forget about shortening posts using spoiler tags. They help when typing out reports and that.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile

I haved added your movements unto the map as described. Please correct me if they are wrong
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile

Please note : the RP thread is being moved to the various nonsense forums. The OOC thread will remain here. All players, please copy-paste your posts on the right turn, after Coelacanth reserves his post for statistics in the new thread.

Copy only the relevant posts (not the OOC chat) and merge your posts if you can.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]