Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: These are very tolerant elves...  (Read 2151 times)

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
Re: These are very tolerant elves...
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 01:18:58 pm »

These weren't dwarf leather items, perchance, where they? Because then I can't imagine the elves having anything against that.

I wish I had dwarf leather items. I'd like to erect a wall from the bones of immigrants that ignored the population cap, and stretch their tanned skins across its surface, menacing with spikes of dwarf leather, with an image of a dwarf in dwarf bone, the dwarf is burning.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 06:21:17 pm »

What i find weird is that they do trade wood, i mean its like, hypocrite much? Now BURN you "offerening wood offends us, but we will offer it to you" beasts! ah aha aaahahaHAHAHAAAaaaaa.

From what I can see, the implication is that they grew their trees with the specific purpose of cutting them down and selling you wood. They have no moral objection to that.

However, they don't know the origin of your wooden objects, so they assume it's from random trees and get pissed.
They get upset if you buy the wood they bring you and then offer to give it back to them. This is wood that they brought to the depot and no dwarf has even touched yet!
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 07:45:03 pm »

That sanctimonious nonsense is the precise reason I may just start shooting them with steel ballista bolts from now on.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 08:10:54 pm »

"These are very tolerant elves, they menace with spikes of steel. On the elves are a image of dwarves and elves in wood. The elves are making a plaintive gesture. The dwarves are laughing."
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 11:09:39 pm »

That sanctimonious nonsense is the precise reason I may just start shooting them with steel ballista bolts from now on.

Wich would result in very dead elves.
Seriously though, "steel" bolts? Me thinks someones got a bit too much wealth to spend.  :D
By the by, can you make the tip out of adamantine? Other question, does a ballista bolt continue to do the same damage nomatter how many targets it passes? Lastly, did anyone ever had a "M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILL" via one ballista bolt?
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 11:25:39 pm »

Has anyone ever considered that the elves may simply be trying to monopolize the wood trade through force?

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 08:27:40 am »

These weren't dwarf leather items, perchance, where they? Because then I can't imagine the elves having anything against that.

I wish I had dwarf leather items. I'd like to erect a wall from the bones of immigrants that ignored the population cap, and stretch their tanned skins across its surface, menacing with spikes of dwarf leather, with an image of a dwarf in dwarf bone, the dwarf is burning.

still want to be able to make walls and floors using several bones each, if I can make towers out of glass then why not bone? :P
the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF
Pages: 1 [2]