Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Compiling LCS  (Read 762 times)

anger_management

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Compiling LCS
« on: July 26, 2008, 01:40:08 pm »

How the heck do I compile LCS from the source code on Windows? When I try to use Visual C++ to build it I get a butt-load of errors. It seems that a whole bunch of headers are missing when I try to build, like curses.h and unistd.h. Where can I find all the missing stuff? I have already tried downloading PDcurses and including the curses header it has, but it didn't help at all.

anger_management

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Compiling LCS
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:58:51 am »

Alright, I finally got it to compile by deleting all the compatibility stuff for linux in includes.h and lcsio.h. But even though it compiled into an exe, it still refused to run. At first the exe said that it couldn't find the pdcurses.dll file, so I put the dll in WINDOWS/system32 and tried to register it, but then I got an error message saying it couldn't find the "DllRegisterServer entry point". Now when I try to run the exe, it doesn't even give me an error message. It just crashes immediately. Could someone tell me what exactly I am doing wrong?

anger_management

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Compiling LCS
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 12:53:24 pm »

Never mind, I've fixed the problem. Turned out I was compiling an old version... It's fine now.