Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: engraving  (Read 432 times)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
engraving
« on: July 28, 2008, 03:31:11 pm »

well i coulnt find any info so

do i have to smooth the wall first to engrave and can i just select a big area to engrave or do i have to engrave it 1 by 1 and if i select zone does the engraver engrave the whole zone into 1 thing?

please help me.

(i know you cant engrave on built walls.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: engraving
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 03:39:56 pm »

oh wow, thats an awesome idea!  if you could select a large area and have it engraved into one thing!  engravings that took up entire walls, or floors!  when the UI is upgraded in the presentation arc, imagine 1x6 images for engraving on walls, or 3x3 and 6x6 images for engraving on entire floors!

maybe there would be textures that were editable like the graphics tiles to represent larger engravings!  oh, that would be awesome!  I can imagine a custom tile set that included patterns for various types of engraving, that could be assigned much like the creature tile sets!

but to answer your question, you have to smooth before you engrave.  you do it by (d)esignating, not by zoning.  you can designate a large area at once, just like digging.  or paint with the mouse.  you can designate walls and floors at the same time.

there will be a seperate and unique engraving on each 1x1 tile.

Galrith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 04:01:47 pm »

You have to first smooth the walls/floors. After that you and select the area to be engraved. It will engrave each wall/floor square seperately but you can desginate a large area just like with mining and smoothing.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 01:45:33 am »

cool,thanks
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!