Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ustgast the Taker of Action- Most decisive sounding name  (Read 865 times)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Ustgast the Taker of Action- Most decisive sounding name
« on: June 05, 2008, 09:33:00 pm »

I was just skimming the dev notes and found the name in the first paragraph.

It's got to be the most decisive name ever.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Ustgast the Taker of Action- Most decisive sounding name
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »

It appears "Ustgast" is the goblin word for style.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »

I'm sure you managed to make a sentient RNG, one that comes up with awesome names despite the odds.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 09:43:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>I'm sure you managed to make a sentient RNG, one that comes up with awesome names despite the odds.</STRONG>

I'd like a goblin named Ustgast the Taker of Fortresses.  Or maybe even Ustgast the Taker of Development Archs.

t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 07:08:00 am »

I actually randomly generated 'Atir Pucstroklalgi Idla Pithrul' (title gained after generation). Human adventurer.

He began life as 'Time Bitchfaces', and later gained the title 'the Angel of Incest'.

Almost immediately after doing so (in fact, only moving 3 tiles afterwards), he was felled by a crossbow bolt.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 08:04:00 am »

This thread is slowly going on sidetracks and catching speed, so I shall contribute to it before it falls from the tracks and goes up in flames.

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>I'm sure you managed to make a sentient RNG, one that comes up with awesome names despite the odds.</STRONG>

I completely agree with the RNG being sentient, because I've been given proof of that numerous times.

The best and the only one I'm able to remember just now is a Dwarven Civilization, which had a coffin as it's symbol and was named "The Tool of Martyrs". (I also remember that the engraving that told me this and was all over my fort walls was named "The Faithful Crazy Book", which doesn't prove the sentience, but is funny nonetheless)

Also in the same fort my Captain of the Guard was named Diamondmessiah, which is just very cool.