Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are dwarves supposed to, err, pop out of their graves?  (Read 630 times)

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Are dwarves supposed to, err, pop out of their graves?
« on: July 26, 2008, 05:38:05 am »

No, not zombie dwarves unfortunately. I had a Peasant get a strange mood and succumb to your-overlord-has-no-turtles-syndrome. (thankfully he was just melancholy and moped around the entrance hall after he went insane - he then dramatically stepped into the dining room right before dying of thirst, where his compatriots stepped over his body for several minutes before I finally remembered that designating a tomb isn't a free burial spot)

This was maybe mid-autumn (about the time the dwarven caravan popped up, as I recall thinking 'Oh great, the liaison's going to climb over a corpse to talk to the mayor. Bonus points!'), and it's now... Well, still mid-autumn, caravan's still here too. I noticed some bones laying around out of the corner of my eye - a common enough occurrence given the masses of raw fish my dwarves seem to prefer to a nice *horse meat roast*. I start to disregard it then I notice they're in the tombs. I was wondering what bastard had been taking his meals atop the graves of the fallen when I noticed it was a stack of 6 dwarf bones and a dwarf skull.

Anyway, I then de-designated all my dumping through the stone menu, and my haulers promptly stopped lugging stone out of my to-be storage areas and skittered off to work on various bones (the local skeletal groundhogs explode in a rather interesting manner, but that's another topic), and I just had two jobs generated (and taken) to move the bones to a graveyard stockpile I set up at some point. I'm 95% certain that the corpse didn't just get dropped at the last minute and rot away, as I'd checked specifically to make sure he'd been buried. As a matter of fact, the coffin still says 'This is the resting place of Insaney McDeaddwarf.' And his bones are outside right now, no longer even in the catacombs. Spoke too soon, I alt-tabbed back and unpaused and one of the dwarves decided to go put 'em back in the dead-guy box.

Is this some sort of bizarre bug or am I just incredibly unobservant?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 05:39:51 am by KoE »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Are dwarves supposed to, err, pop out of their graves?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 05:48:29 am »

It's a bug.

000432 □ [dwarf mode][items] (Report) bones pop out of coffins.

When the corpse rots the bones are not considered to be inside the container. It's not fixed yet.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository