Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: aquarium?  (Read 862 times)

Mustachio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
aquarium?
« on: August 31, 2008, 01:07:23 am »

ive heard talk of aquariums before, but i cant figure out how anyone would catch live fish, sharks, sea monsters, etc... Is it possible?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: aquarium?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 01:15:55 am »

Via natural flooding, I guess :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 01:16:07 am »

Here's how I think aquariums work. You catch vermin fish (turtles, shad, etc.) and put them in a glass cage (terrarium) filled with water through the "q" menu.

If you want a bigger aquarium, then you'll have to cage trap those larger fish and place them in a pond. Anyway, there was this guy who managed to cage trap carp. It involved a lot of pumps and floodgates.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 01:24:30 am »

Here's how I think aquariums work. You catch vermin fish (turtles, shad, etc.) and put them in a glass cage (terrarium) filled with water through the "q" menu.

If you want a bigger aquarium, then you'll have to cage trap those larger fish and place them in a pond. Anyway, there was this guy who managed to cage trap carp. It involved a lot of pumps and floodgates.

mh if you put a cagetrap in a channel and open it to the river, does it catch the carp? then you just have to close the channel fia floodgate and pump the water back or something
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 03:10:41 am »

Ive done this. And yes you are all right, but you dont need a glass cage. Click on my signature for a link to the thread.