Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortress Mode Heroes  (Read 580 times)

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
Fortress Mode Heroes
« on: July 25, 2008, 03:10:26 pm »

Apparently you can see your dwarf kill list in fortress mode. I'll kick off the thread with this guy - he has an artifact buckler and has managed to weather a HAIL OF ARROWS THAT WOULD BLOT OUT THE SUN.

Fort has been around for like..30 years, since .b - the end objective? survive until army arc. Insane? prolly.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode Heroes
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 03:30:33 pm »

If only the pre-army arc completion versions had kill recording.

I had a single speardwarf who made the whole of my military (I specifically chose a fortress with a single choke point so that it was the only way to enter my fortress, which was far enough out for the soldiers to hold while I had everything get buttoned down), since his partner (and wife) died in the first siege from a hammergoblin making her explode on a wall. He held the Goblin siegers at bay for over 20 or so years, with the last sieges reaching hundreds of goblins riding beak dogs. He died when he passed out from over exertion.

If he had a kill list, it would be atleast a thousand.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.