Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Death of Order  (Read 2597 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Death of Order
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 03:38:42 pm »

Brainwash any children you find for potential meat shields.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 06:01:26 am »

The weather quickly darkens around you as you swear vengeance upon the French Society. Black clouds fill the sky and rain pours sideways with the harsh wind that almost blows you off your feet. Through the rain and wind you make your way towards the village. You can imagine that the people that lived here before the catastrophe happened were happy, but they inevitably died painful deaths. Courageously you march in between two buildings. A high pitched whistling is heard before a piece of one of the buildings rips itself from the wall and soars through the air towards you. You manage to quickly dive forwards and make it out of the way of the wall and it crashes into the ground beside you throwing up a cloud of brown dust. You continue onwards into the settlement and see a vortex swirling above a mansion like house. Bright yellow flashes protrude from the vortex as it leans in towards you, something knows that you're here. You hide behind a small wall separating two buildings and cautiously crawl around the perimeter of the mansion, looking for an entrance. Upon reaching the rather large construction you see a broken window through which you may be able to enter. Using the chaotic energy to help you upwards you grab onto the window and heave yourself up and tumble down onto the wooden floorboards.

The house is almost pitch black, but you can see faint outlines of furniture and a staircase just ahead of you. Arms outstretched you slowly amble towards the staircase only to be stopped in your tracks by something large. It seems that before you is the creature that the French Society of Child Abusers warned you about. You don't know what comes over you but you squeal and fall backwards, bruising your back. The creature (Which you still can't make out the features of) jumps around, roaring in your face before disappearing completely, much to your surprise. You just manage to get back to your feet before it suddenly reappears again, this time slashing you across your back. You fall to the floor once again, but this time you become intangible and go flying through a chair. You turn around and fly straight towards it, suddenly becoming tangible and sending a powerful current through it's body. It reels backwards and falls to the floor in a fit of electrical energy before suddenly going still. You head up the stairs and notice that the roof above you is gone. Further upwards is the vortex that you noticed earlier, spinning and flashing with pure chaotic energy. Directly below it is a small vial, filled with a black liquid the beckons you towards it. You find yourself wandering forwards before drinking the liquid.

Suddenly you are on a floating rock, surrounded by a black void and purple clouds. An eery silence fills the void as you look desperately around for something to escape with. A voice breaks the silence, startling you into almost running off the rock. The voice is deep and sounds rather malevolent, like an old man filled with hate.

"Boy, you have come to me in search of greatness and adventure, that I know. And you have found me, which is the most important part. You have defeated my guardian and made your way to find me, and for that I will reward you. All I ask of you is that you... help me with some errands. In return for this I will grant you physical strength and mental strength, but by saying no you will be left with nothing more than this experience. So, boy, make your choice."

What will you do?
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 07:34:48 am »

What is wrong with these people?  :P  ;)

Ah well, agree I suppose. More psyche is always good. We shall become as unto a god.

And I for one was not seeking adventure, adventure has this horrible habit of getting you killed. I assume we are all voices inside the poor insane little boy's mind that shout orders at him right?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 08:05:29 am »

Possibly
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 11:30:31 am »

Refuse. It isn't worth it.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 03:35:31 pm »

Can we have a tie-breaker here?
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 04:49:21 am »

Last-chance for a tie-breaker. I'm going to randomly decide it in ten minutes if no one votes.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 06:00:18 am »

Do it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 06:50:46 am »

Aw, we missed the deadline with 57 seconds.  :(

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 07:31:31 am »

You ponder this decision for a time, and come to a final conclusion.

"Okay, I'll do it" you tell the disembodied being. A sense of malevolence begins to fill you up as the being exerts it's power unto you and the wind in this void picks up. Suddenly there is black and you feel as though you are falling. Once the black fades away you see that you are, in fact, falling very quickly downwards into Paris. You are now about twenty feet away from the ground, a drop that you can make easily. You twist around and hit the ground with a satisfying *thump*. Getting up and looking around shows you that you appear to be in the slums of Paris. This could be problematic, as the slums are walled up with a 50' mound of solid concrete, just a bit too high for you to scale. Speedily you force your way through the crowded streets, looking for a way to the gate. The moneyless people around you live in complete poverty, starving and having to build their homes out of junk that is launched over the wall. The rotting brown walls of the huts are rusted and decayed as are the people in them and the public transport amounts to nothing more than a single man who found a motor and has attached it to two wheels.

Your knowledge of the slums and their layout allows you to find the gate with relative ease, however, upon arriving there you find that there is a small riot. A crowd of maybe thirty people are all preparing to charge into the guards at the gate with makeshift weapons. The guards, in full kevlar armour and armed with energy weapons aim a shot just before the crowd surges forwards. The two guards release a volley of energy blasts into the charging hobos, mowing most of them down. But about ten of them make it to the guards and overrun them, trampling their bodies and moving forwards towards the gates. Seeing your opportunity your dash forward to the dying guards and lift their dulled metal energy weapons from them, and then taking the one in the best condition. According to the display the clip has 20 shots left inside. While waiting for the crowd to break down the gates you familiarise yourself with the weapon, seeing as you have never fired an energy rifle before.

Suddenly, the gates burst open and the crows runs through. You carefully sneak past the guards on the other side that are are mowing down the remaining escapees and make your way toward Paris town centre. You are walking past a dark alley when a shadowy figure grabs your attention.

"You have your reward, now it is time for you do something for me." The figure says in a menacing voice.

"What? Who are you?" You ask the figure.

"Who I am is not important, but you having a deal with me is. I assume that you are aware of Large Hadron Collider, although, considering how mortal you are I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't. Inside it's tunnel is an artefact of great power, and I intend to use it. I need you to acquire it for me and bring it back to the mansion where you found me originally."

There is a sharp swirl of black and the figure disappears, leaving nothing but this troubling thought in your mind. You have left your soul in the hands of this immortal, seemingly omnipresent being in return for a minute amount of physical power. Was this worth it? What should you do?

What will you do?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 07:33:30 am by Omegastick »
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 08:15:04 am »

Wait what? Our reward is a energy rifle? I thought he said our reward would be a increase in our MENTAL and physical strength?  ???

This sucks, he didn't keep his end of the bargain, get a airplane ticket to Japan.
Pages: 1 [2]