Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unintended Consequence  (Read 1347 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unintended Consequence
« on: July 22, 2008, 08:22:01 pm »

In my most recent game, I managed to train several top notch Guardian writers and a bloody ton of sleepers (from all walks of life, including several Arch-Conservative types).  All issues were Elite Liberal except three that hovered in the upper end of the cyan range.  The President and his appointees were L+.  The Congress was strongly L.  The Supreme Court was weakly L, but the past three justice appointments were L or L+, so that would certainly change over time (esp. with the Justices issue at 100% and never faltering).  The CCS was long since defeated.  So I figured it was a fine time to disband.

50 years later, I lost.  I strongly suspect all my sleepers croaked from old age.  So apparently you can't afford to disband because everyone will just die and things will go all C+ (C-?) on you.  I don't think the aging system was meant to extend the game to the point of boredom when we're clearly winning.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Unintended Consequence
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 02:25:50 am »

did things actually go C+ or did you just lose and didn't check? (because there was some bug that made you lose even if you had fairly liberal issues earlier)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 05:12:02 am »

"The Liberal Crime Squad was hunted down in January 2073."

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 04:46:20 pm »

there is a trick: when it starts telling you how you haven't done enough, close the game and then load it again, it should start from the year the squad died off (and with the appropriate issues)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 06:24:02 pm »

I'll keep that in mind for my current game, since I no longer have the save from the previous one.