Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39c] Adv. Mode cave-ins, No Equipment, (edit) Veterans, Overlap of names  (Read 1849 times)

celestial_okami

• Bay Watcher
  • Strong and brave
    • View Profile

1st Bug - Sent on a quest to kill something.  I go to the cave.  Upon my first step and a few times later while exploring the cave I get this:

My gamelog shows the creatures colliding with obstacles and then some falling into a deep chasm.  Each of the three instances involves at least one Giant Mole being wounded, and they were not back to back.  I wandered around and killed some gremlins in the cave between these events.  IIRC mole dogs will tunnel around in fortress mode (never saw them before in Adv mode) so my uneducated guess is that when these ones tunnel through the ground their square no longer supports adjacent squares.  That or I'm getting 'section of cavern collapsed' when I shouldn't be.

2nd bug: I create a new adventurer following the old one's death, hoping to out-wrestle the meanie that exploded me with his fist.

Despite having good starting stats in armor and shield use, I start with no armor or shield.  I suspect this is because I started with no weapon skill, because this has never happened to me before.

EDIT: Fresh install, no mods, minor changes to the init file.
EDIT2: The giant or cyclops or whatever keeps exploding my adventurers, but every time I travel there with a new adventurer I keep getting the 'Section of the cavern has collapsed!' message.  It also offcenters my view when I do this, but it recenters when I move right after.

EDIT3:

Bug 3 - Gave up on the titan who kept exploding people, decided to play an elf.  Each time I enter an elf retreat, I get messages of elves losing hold of some of their equipment, falling over, and giving in to pain.  It doesn't mention anything about people falling.  However, I joined the group of elves who were at war with a goblin nation and they have wounds or missing limbs.  I believe that the game is giving them full equipment and they just drop it because they don't have the body parts to carry it.  They always seem to drop hand gloves or gauntlets, which makes my theory more plausible.

Bug 4 - I'm wrestling an elf guard at a Dark Fortress and when I joint lock and break his limbs I noticed that they are named weirdly in the list of current holds at the top, being called "wrista" and "handima", but I think this is because the guards name is being partially overlapped.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 07:00:43 pm by celestial_okami »
DEEP CROW!  OH NOOOOO!  DEEP CROOOOOOW!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

1 Does somebody have one of these cave-in saves?  I've seen it once, but I don't have a region that reproduces it.  The caves are supposed to be placed deeply enough that they can't cut out separated portions of rock, but there seem to be problems.

2 Yeah, that's how wrestlers are.

3 Yeah, I haven't handled world gen wounded in adv mode yet.

4 Looks like an overlap, yeah.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

celestial_okami

• Bay Watcher
  • Strong and brave
    • View Profile

Ok, uploaded my Region1 to the DFFD.

In Adventure mode, make a human of Rulacomon. Go to "The Mine of Sacks," a bit to the south and featured in the screenshot above. Its only a world-map tile or two away from a nearby dark fortress. You should get a cave-in message right away followed shortly by notices of creatures being injured in various ways and falling into deep chasms.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=306

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Toady : I've already got a cave in message when exploring a mountain. I haven't see it, and no save nor screen, sorry :/

Keldor

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood for the blood god!
    • View Profile

The cave ins probably have something to do with a chunk of terrain left suspended over a chasm or lava pipe - this happened occasionally before, but I imagine it's a lot more common now that terrain is smoothed!
If ignorance is bliss, why are my dwarves all tantruming?

celestial_okami

• Bay Watcher
  • Strong and brave
    • View Profile

I originally thought the same as Keldor, but it kept happening after every visit to the cave's map location and then occasionally while exploring around the area.  Of course if the game doesn't save these kinds of changes to an area in adventure mode it would make more sense and when I come back and the game loads up the same area with suspended terrain.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com

Okay, I've downloaded it and I'll take a look at some point.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!