Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: About theft, killing, stealth and unconscious creatures  (Read 537 times)

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
About theft, killing, stealth and unconscious creatures
« on: July 18, 2008, 04:06:19 pm »

This suggestion has nothing to do with the future plans to add stealing and assassination missions. But rather with the act themselves.

Right now. If you try to steal something form an unconscious creature (goblin, human, whatever), the whole civilization will target you as an enemy even if there was no one in view, you where in stealth mode, and you never lost your stealth status for doing that. The same goes for killing even if the creature was unconscious all the time.

Your allegiance status shouldn't change at all if you are able to pull an aggressive action without anyone noticing.

Right now a goblin civ gave me a mission to kill a elf dude from another civ at war with them. The elves have nothing against me. But I know the moment I kill the dude (if I find him) arrows will fly over my head from everywhere regardless if I manage to kill him before anyone notices.
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: About theft, killing, stealth and unconscious creatures
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:49:19 pm »

Maybe sneak mode shouldn't be a cloaking device first.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Zemat

• Bay Watcher
  • Zemat, programmer, cancels coding: Too insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 05:09:30 pm »

Actually, sneak mode is planned to be more powerful in the future.
You too can help bring to life the RogueLife Project!

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 05:30:38 pm »

Proper knowledge tracking would be an enormous help in terms of this. I'd like to have that feel that if so long as I take all precautions, not enough people care, or various other factors come into play, I should be able to get away with some things. Naturally, there would ALWAYS be people suspicious of what truly happened, but what should they able to do? (Come at me themselves when THEY think they can get away with it, or maybe bring a mob of their friends for an unsanctioned lynching? It would be epic, and not even make me enemies with the parent civ because it was self defence!)

As it stands, the CSI's know things too fast. Though I don't expect to see this fixed for awhile yet.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /