Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something Awful's Let's Play of LCS  (Read 3214 times)

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Something Awful's Let's Play of LCS
« on: July 13, 2008, 08:06:58 pm »

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2900817&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

--

SomethingAwful have an entire subforum dedicated to Let's Plays. These are essentially narrated playthroughs of a game, either with screenshots, videos or both. And today one of their members have started an LP of Liberal Crime Squad!

Wishing the best of luck to Graldur with this and hopefully you'll all enjoy it too!

For additional reading on Lets Play's, check out www.letsplayarchive.com and the SA forums.

P.S, SA member Concordat wishes to know where the sources for the latest version are available.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Internet User
    • View Profile
Re: Something Awful's Let's Play of LCS
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 07:45:35 pm »

I am following this LP, too. I noticed it when reading SA's Dwarf Fortress thread. I'm glad to see someone doing an LP of it since I can't play LCS myself.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 08:17:52 pm by MaxVance »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 05:14:48 am »

Also reading along with it because the linux version (which is all I can use) is a little out of date and missing the fun new things. (I suppose if I wasn't so lazy I could compile from source)

Edit: turns out I just didn't know how to use wineconsole...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:27:49 am by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 12:45:31 am »

Anticheese here is the info for SA member Concordat on where to find the source code, quoted from a post I made in another thread here:

The current source code is here for the 3.11.4 branch, which 3.12.2 seems to be based off of.  However, that source code has been updated since the 3.12.2 beta release.  The 3.12.2 beta release seems to be based off of revision 208 of the 3.11.4 branch, since it was released on the same day and the file size of the executable matches.  Unfortunately, revision 208 does not seem to compile under Linux, and the closest revision before that which compiles under Linux is revision 201.  The compiler errors should be fixable, though, mostly disagreements between caller and callee over how big ints are.  All of this information I have relayed to you is from someone at wikidot.com who uses Linux and wrote a wonderful table on the Juice page on the LCS wiki using information from the source code for revision 208.  (I do not use Linux, I use Windows, and I don't fully understand this information I am relaying.)  I hope this information I have relayed to you is useful.  ;)
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL