Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39b] Human Leader/High Priest Succession  (Read 486 times)

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
[39b] Human Leader/High Priest Succession
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:01:34 pm »

Not even playing, just pouring over genealogies and site histories.  Came across two instances of wierdness.

Puc was appointed the leader of a conquered forest retreat in 120.  Unfortunately, he was burned up a year later by a visiting dragon.  The group eventually built a meadhall in 132.  However, no new leader was appointed/came to power until 183.  Perhaps this was Puc's original death date and the dragon messed that up?

That's the relatively easy one.

Next is Nod, who became a High Priestess in 110 for a church in another town (founded by the same group that conquered the forest retreat).  In 120, the group conqured another forest retreat and named Nod as its leader.  Nod "stopped ruling" at the church by their record, but never gave up the High Priestess status (she's still alive in 200 and her personal record still shows her as High Priestess).

In adventure mode, I went to the church and asked the members for some info - they refer to Nod as the leader of the religion - but I have to find her 'wherever she might be.'  They also let me know Nod was the leader of the group that rules the forest retreat.  It would take some real sleuthing to figure out where this High Priestess was going purely by adventure mode chat.

Since I did know where it was, though, I went there.  Her icon and title were that of High Priestess.  She was both able to admit me into the religion and to give me a task as the leader of her new group.

Wordy, I know.  I don't think there's a bug with a high priest also ruling a town, its pretty cool, the bug is that there's not enough verbage in adventure mode to actually be able to find her new location if I wanted to join that religion.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [39b] Human Leader/High Priest Succession
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 02:36:19 am »

Do you have the seed for this?  It'll be very tricky to fix these without debugging the world gen process as it cranks away.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Dwarfu

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 02:57:30 am »

I'll zip the region folder up and send it - its the same world as the elven traders not trading in a human-run conquered retreat.

Where do I send it?

For the traders, I have an adventurer retired in the town you can use.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 08:17:43 pm »

Okay, I've got them via email.  Thanks.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!