Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Murky Pools refilling during rain  (Read 710 times)

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Murky Pools refilling during rain
« on: July 17, 2008, 08:25:03 am »

Last night I downloaded the latest version and started a new fortress in a new and shiny world.

It in a "hot" place on the map and I've not had much experience with hot areas which don't have brooks/rivers before. Unfortunately for any wounded dwarves, the few pools started rapidly evapourating and by the time I had a cistern dug there was only enough water in them to make a 1/7 soggy patch along the water tunnels and half of the cistern floor, which then also eventually evapourated. 

"Bugger!" thought I, for the mountain was haunted and full of evildoers so wounding was likely to be a regular occurance and there was me with no water and no way of getting any more.

Then it started raining. The assorted (now dry) murky pools I had tapped all got 1/7 water appearing in them. Then it was 2/7 water!
Then the rain stopped and it all spread out to 1/7 water and promptly evapourated again. :P

I was under the impression that murky pools weren't refilled by rain at all though? Is this a new thing or have I just been wrong? :)

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: Murky Pools refilling during rain
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 08:28:48 am »

New feature.  Enjoy!