Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What are the reasons for war right now  (Read 533 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
What are the reasons for war right now
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:15:38 pm »

Hello!

When I checked the legends to get an impression of what is going on in the new history, I noticed that in the world I was investigating (the large world I mentioned elsewhere), I had a lot of human - human wars and each one I checked was mainly about "consumption of sentient beings" or however it is called.

So, I am wondering, what other main reasons for warring have been observed besides eating sentient creatures. Anyone?

Deathworks

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What are the reasons for war right now
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 03:19:31 pm »

well, ive heard that the elves have turned over a new lead... which happens to involve eating every thing that comes across them. (well, mostly dwarfs and humans but you get the idea.)
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:14:43 pm »

I had 1200 elves kill and devour 300 humans because they thought they weren't taking good enough care of their plants. The elves kept attacking them until they got their point through after the fifth (or so) attack.

My most common reasons for war are the treatment of plants and animals after consumption of sentient beings.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 04:45:50 pm »

In the dawn of my world's time, the first Fire Spirit went on a rage against the elves. He took issue with their worshipping water and rivers.