Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wiki-based speech mods!  (Read 1626 times)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wiki-based speech mods!
« on: July 19, 2008, 04:17:08 pm »

I created a page over at Dwarf Fortress Wiki for adding new entries to all of the new speech files. I was going to make a simple mod, but I thought it might be better to allow anybody to add new replies as they think of them. It's my first time making a wiki page, so any suggestions or edits would be appreciated too.

You can find the page here: http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Speech_mods along with a few starter entries I put in.

Thoughts?

Edit: While it's a pain to copy all of the new entries to your files, it is assumed that once they get big enough, we could make sets of them available for download. Like, "wiki speech mods month/day/year".
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:25:11 pm by Keiseth »

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-based speech mods!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 08:31:19 pm »

Great idea!
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 08:33:36 pm »

I had a similar thought about the language files a while ago.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 08:39:04 pm »

Language or speech? If you speak about language, I'm trying to make a J.R.R. Tolkien's Sindarin language (however I've found a translation for roughly a 1/2 of the whole language file).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 08:39:56 pm »

I added to the page with two distinctive boasts that come under the categorization of 'general'.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 09:17:10 pm »

Language or speech? If you speak about language, I'm trying to make a J.R.R. Tolkien's Sindarin language (however I've found a translation for roughly a 1/2 of the whole language file).

For that page, probably just speech. However, a language version would be great, too. Though we might need one page for each language, given their size...

Great boasts, Ronin! I've added them to my own general file.