Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39b] Migrants  (Read 640 times)

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[39b] Migrants
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:32:59 am »

I loaded a world from 38c, with 24 people in it after first migrant wave. Since then, however, I haven't had a migrant wave. It has been a long time (over 2 years at least at a guess), so I am wondering if this is affecting anybody else? (I don't know if they are not coming at all, or if it just takes longer, but I'm sure it is different from past versions).

At the moment i have around 300,000 fortress wealth, and goblin ambushes are slowly but surely killing my dwarves off  :(

I will download 39c later today, but looking at the fixes, nothing seems to relate to this problem.

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
Re: [39b] Migrants
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 01:28:17 am »

Deaths have a tendency to stagnate migrations. The current world situation may also have an issue.

Definetly update the game.

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 02:44:19 am »

I've got an immigrant wave in 39c, so you should upgrade, yes.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 06:29:07 am »

Ok thanks, I upgraded, haven't played yet, but I'm guessing it is something to do with all the dead goblins outside the fortress, and dead dwarves inside.  :(

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 06:34:36 am »

It could also be an issue with the baby cap being lowered, or nulled out completely.  This may be something that compounds the issue instead of causes it, but I've read a few places that when the baby cap is shut off, it counts towards immigrant numbers as well.  Raise the limit and wait some time (A game month, a game year, the number changes a lot), and they'll show back up.

For the record, it hasn't worked for me yet, but if you've tweaked the init you might want to give it a try.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 07:52:25 am »

I have noticed the baby cap affecting immigration on a few occasions.  The best way to deal with this is to only turn it on when you are getting close to your population cap
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.