Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megas  (Read 409 times)

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
Megas
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:18:44 pm »

The onky reason I bring this up as a bug is because the way things are setup in the world design page implies that this should have more control than it allows:

I've created 6 worlds so far, ranging from medium to smaller in standardized size, and set their generations to end at 2000.  The megabeast check is set for 10% starting at year 2, and the civ numbers have ben half-to 10% to the normal present, and the cave numbers have always been doubled in number and increased to 100 in size.  6 worlds and not one has lasted longer than year 25.  I know this has been discussed before, but I figure this is as systematic as you can be about it, and it has lead me to a new sudjestion aswell:

How about an option to delete regions from the opening screen?

Anyways, has ANYONE figured out a way to bypass the seemingly short lifespans of the Megas through manipulation of the world gen params?
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Megas
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 11:25:22 pm »

The mega-beast check setting means that when X percent of them are dead, world generation will stop. Now, I think the mega-beast death thing is a problem of sorts, but you really meant to stop world generation when only %10 of them have died?

Ascii Kid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is just a test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:32:21 pm »

Well great, now I feel like an idiot again thanks to this game.  =->
That's what's wrong, I'll have to flip that and test it again.  Please ignor this thread as a bug report, it's exactly as it should be as far as I know.
I still think it' be cool to be able to delete regions from the game itself.
(Now I'm just waiting for someone to tell me you can already do that)
"...you'll have you live with your GRANDmother and pick beans!"
-Homer

Lightman

• Bay Watcher
  • The groboclones are looking for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 11:51:59 pm »

I am sure other people have confused that option.

It would be nice to have an in-game deletion of worlds, though. I second that. For now, I think you can just delete the region in the save folder.

Cheers.