Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mayday tileset full screen issue  (Read 1143 times)

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mayday tileset full screen issue
« on: November 30, 2009, 02:56:18 pm »

My DFG won't full screen properly (lots of black space beneath all the data and graphics). I thought I had this issue resolved when I found this thread:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=981.msg13294#msg13294

But when I checked my init I found that it is already set to [BLACK_SPACE:NO], yet there is still black space. Anyone have any ideas? I'm pretty new to this (just started DF yesterday).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:00:05 pm by Morsigil »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Mayday tileset full screen issue
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 03:37:21 pm »

What version of DFG are you using?  If you're not using v21, get that instead.  And never copy your init file between versions.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 04:28:46 pm »

I am already using v21, and had previously been using the latest version of the original DF. Having both versions on my computer in separate folders shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 04:34:28 pm »

No, that's not a problem.  Are you on Windows?  Have you tried just hitting the little "Maximize" icon in the upper right, or dragging the corner of the window?

If that doesn't fix it, can you post a screenshot?  It's hard to tell from your description whether your situation is normal or not.  Tinypic is a good image host.

Morsigil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 04:58:05 pm »

I did try resizing the window in those ways, and tried starting the game in full screen as well and it continued to look like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The game data and graphics were all up at the top, just like that picture, too. So I checked to see if I had saved the data correctly and I had, then restarted the game. No go.

Now, suddenly, it works (once I get into the game proper it full screens, and resizing in window'd mode works). I don't fully understand why. Sorry for wasting our time (apparently), and thanks for your attention.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 05:11:13 pm »

Yeah, no problem, glad it's working.  The main menu and a lot of in-game menus don't expand to fill the window because Toady hasn't overhauled the interface yet.