Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39b] floodgate linking bug  (Read 463 times)

tigger89

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[39b] floodgate linking bug
« on: July 15, 2008, 02:48:02 pm »

I was trying to link up a floodgate, and came across some strange behavior.  I'd noticed it wasn't getting done in a timely fashion, so I zoomed to the mechanic to see what was holding him up.  I watched the mechanic grab a mechanism and put it in the floodgate, then he ran about 30 squares back towards the fortress, flashed with a red question mark, then ran back to the floodgate and stood there for a few seconds.  Then he ran back towards the fortress, flashed with the question mark again, and ran back to the floodgate.  He repeated this about 5-6 times while I watched.

Then he ran back down to the furnuture room, and came back with another mechanism.  I figured he was going to put it in the lever, but no, he put that one in the floodgate too!  Then he started doing the 30 sqm question mark dance again.  I don't know how many times he repeated this before I noticed.  Is there any way to check how many mechanisms are assigned to the floodgate?  I successfully linked up another floodgate earlier, so whatever this bug is it must eventually work itself out, but it's wasting a lot of time and mechanisms to get it to work.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, running 39b.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 03:09:38 pm by tigger89 »

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39b] floodgate linking bug
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:51:30 pm »

Might it have to do with this reported bug?  Your mechanic's behavior could easily be explained by repeated job cancellation, from the sound of it.