Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: World gen help  (Read 601 times)

Aegis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
World gen help
« on: July 15, 2008, 05:15:43 am »

Two quick questions then I'll enjoy my new water-flooded world complete with endless rainfall.
1. How can I keep rejects in the world gen?
2. Most of my rejected maps complain about not enough peaks. How can I fix that up?

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World gen help
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 09:12:16 am »

i think i saw a, minimum elevation option in there as well... play around with that for a bit and see what happens.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Inquisitor Saturn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 02:30:15 pm »

Custom world gen is very hard. It's annoying that the game isn't smart enough to tell that, when you raise the amount of volcanism, it should probably allow... MORE VOLCANISM!

Further, the painting part is even worse. Even if you set everything to be saved in world gen, it'll still try to generate things it's not allowed to, leading to infinite rejections.

Until Toady simplifies the process or someone else comes up with a utility that calculates this crap for you, we aren't going to see very many people's custom worlds. Right now it's almost entirely a mixture of dumb luck and fiddling with variables that are hard to decipher.

Aegis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:52:39 pm »

Thanks, but is it possible to ignore rejected maps by using them? It'll so much fun having rivers running through volcanoes and a giant 100z-level mountain in the middle of nowhere.