Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "World Doesn't Run Until Last Year" fix  (Read 1162 times)

Dadamh

• Bay Watcher
  • !!world!!
    • View Profile
"World Doesn't Run Until Last Year" fix
« on: July 14, 2008, 07:19:43 pm »

Ok, we all know that worldgen tends to end earlier now due to megabeasts dying off.

Here's the fastest fix:

Set your "End Year" to be whatever you want.

Set your "Year to begin checking Megabeast percentage" to the same value, or 10,000 if you want.

There.  Now your world won't end early due to no megabeasts.  You may end up with a beastless world though.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: "World Doesn't Run Until Last Year" fix
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 07:25:23 pm »

The fastest fix is to highlight "Percentage Beast..." and hit 'n', just like it says to.

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:26:56 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nukeitall

• Bay Watcher
  • HURR DURRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 12:20:59 am »

I always thought it was a bummer that the megabeasts couldn't reproduce themselves. I can understand why - given that they are living engines of destruction - but they are literally hunted to extinction beyond the year 1000 on many of my maps.

Astus Ater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 12:37:25 am »

Just set the "percent megabeast" thing to "Ignore".

Much faster that way, although it does kinda suck when all the mega beasts die out before you start. Currently my world has 10 percent of them left alive.
Legendary Liar:  "I just stabbed you and you died.  Sorry."
Victim:  "Well, if you say so." *thud*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 12:44:33 am »

It isn't just that it is also because Megabeasts are rather weak in world generation a lot of the time

A Bronze Collosus freekishly being the weakest of the Megabeasts in world generation often dying on their first battle (usually year 4).

So I can only guess is after world generation the Bronze Collosi find a patch of uranium and use that to power their muscles rather then the moist clumps of mud they used before hand.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 12:54:26 am »

I thought these fixes (Dadamh's and Aqizzar's) were rather obvious. Of course, that might just be because I fiddled around with the options a lot.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 06:12:06 am »

I ran a world up to year 1050 and only one megabeast survived - a bad ass Titan with 400+ kills. :)

Calenth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 09:07:17 am »

This means that unless you stop world gen really early, your fort will never get a megabeast, right?

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 01:03:04 pm »

A disparity between creature badassitude in play and in worldgen means that there is simply inaccuracy in the worldgen combat simulation--basically, things that occur in play that are not taken into account in worldgen. Who knows, skeletons might be bleeding to redeath.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.