Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [39a] Everyone is friendly (including a demon)  (Read 1920 times)

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39a] Everyone is friendly (including a demon)
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 04:35:54 pm »

The reason for war are perfect in my opinion, but you should be able to ignore any peace treaties and attack goblins/elves/humans if you tag them so in dwarf mode.

We need to add a "greedy" tag to goblins so they'll attack rich civs as soon as they think they can win, and as often as possible.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Mover#005

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 05:07:28 pm »

there are new ethics flags in the entity files, I think they have to do with what Civs will go to war for.

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 05:22:08 pm »

I just settled in a goblin settlement.  Dwarves also inhabited the dark towers, but the weird thign was that not only were my dwarves friendly with them, the chasm creatures just a dozen tiles away ignored them as well.  However, the chasm creatures went over to slaughter the goblins and their dwarven army.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 09:13:00 pm »

Yeah, the whole settling right on top of the goblins is going to be weird for a while.  The gobs will attack you as before if you don't settle right on top of them (or even if you do, it'll probably generate armies from the edges, at which point they might start fighting you or not depending on the reaction updates).  A dwarf mode game played in a regular area should be more or less like before, until a few releases down the line when it starts using this new world gen stuff.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 [2]