Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] Selecting "Move items to depot" causes game to crash  (Read 771 times)

FlyingScissorKick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[38c] Selecting "Move items to depot" causes game to crash
« on: July 14, 2008, 06:22:46 pm »

Hi,

I had this issue before on one of my fortresses and figured it was because it was a cheat game so I basically just wiped it out and started a new fortress from a NEW dwarf fortress installation. Right from scratch no cheats, no save scumming or anything.

But I've once again run into this error. I go onto the trade depot and choose to bring items to depot and the game crashes. I have not modded the game in any way (reactions, etc).

Is there any assistance that can be offered?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:24:56 pm by FlyingScissorKick »

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Selecting "Move items to depot" causes game to crash
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:25:39 pm »

Do you have any items available to bring to the depot?  I think I remember a bug existing (and being fixed, I think, in the latest version) where the game would crash if there was nothing available to bring to the depot.

Edit:  Here's the bug entry of which I was thinking, and its associated thread where it was reported.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:28:38 pm by Exponent »

FlyingScissorKick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Selecting "Move items to depot" causes game to crash
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 06:27:48 pm »

Arg I didn't notice there was a new version. It may have been fixed in the new release.

But I searched for a few other posts and ppl say it happens sometimes when their doors are locked. I just realized that I do have a bridge retracted that will prevent the hauling of items to the depot so I'll see if that's the cause.

FlyingScissorKick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Selecting "Move items to depot" causes game to crash
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:37:44 pm »

Definitely the problem. When I put the bridge down, worked perfect.