Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Ask me when I've returned to my home!"  (Read 1310 times)

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Ask me when I've returned to my home!"
« on: July 14, 2008, 12:19:49 pm »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but there is an elf druid in this world whose name is Vadane Epubairu which translates to Blockwaved.

Her legends entry:

Vadane Blockwaved was a elf. She was on eof the first of her kind.
In 1, Vadane Blockwaved married Ithithi Hailtrumpets.
In 1, Vadane Blockwaved Settled in ponderedseals.
In 1, Vadane Blockwaved Became a diplomat of The Bent Drinks.
In 4, Vadane Blockwaved fled into The Abated Forests.
In 5, Vadane Blockwaved became of the leader of The Bent Drinks.

Talking to her, there was something about her husband being eat by one of the two megabeasts in that world.

When I talk to her and ask her about serving, she tells me to, "Ask me when I've returned to my home."
Is that because she fled into the forest? I was in Ponderedseals, an Elf "village," when I talked to her.

EDIT: it appears that her husband was struck down by Ozud Parchburies the Unholy Wickedness who apparently is a demon.

EDIT2: I just remembered that elves were not playable in adventure mode in this world, even though there are plenty of elves still alive.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:30:55 pm by Tahin »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: "Ask me when I've returned to my home!"
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:50:34 pm »

Yeah, this is part of that migrant handling I skipped.  Right now, if there are refugee groups when world gen ends, it'll just sort all of the hist figs into sites that sort of fit them, but it doesn't give them civ/site memberships.  At some point, the migrant groups will be back and you'll be able to find them wandering around there instead.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!