Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39a] You can't travel because somebody can see you.  (Read 1288 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
[39a] You can't travel because somebody can see you.
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:01:02 am »

It's all fine and well, but I can't travel if ANYONE sees me? I couldn't travel until I got out of sight of a drunk companion that lay wounded on the ground. I couldn't travel from a town until a nearby guard vanished from sight. Something's fishy here.

It doesn't always happen, but if I can suspect something else was nearby after I killed the quest giant, then what hostile creature could I have found in the middle of a town?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:02:54 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Stellar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39a] You can't travel because somebody can see you.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:28:29 am »

It's not a bug, if hostile creature see you, you can't use "T" to travel, you need kill it or lost it and then try travel option again.

Grue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fucked Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:35:48 am »

Except in this new version it's triggered by friendly creatures as well. I haven't fought anyone, yet I'm still getting it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 10:36:30 am »

Yes. HOSTILE creature. I was in the middle of a town. What could possibly be hostile there?
And the first time, I was alone with the drunk companion out on the open plain. Coincidence or not, but as soon as I got him out of view, I managed to travel off.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 12:01:55 pm »

I havn't encountered this. I played as a play-now human, went to a human town, was in plain sight of six huamns and still could [T]ravel.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 12:18:38 pm »

Like I said, not always. Sometimes you're in the middle of a forest and there are trees on seven sides around you so you can't see three feet away, but you still can't travel.

Tenebrys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 01:35:17 pm »

I notice this a whole lot in deserts.  Gets irritating, you get ambushed by a harpy or whatever and bash it, then have to walk 'til nightfall before you can travel.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 01:46:12 pm »

Maybe something wrong with the length of NPC sight or LOS only blocked by terrain, not structures.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

MoonMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 01:52:05 pm »

I've noticed this happening alot. I'll get ambushed, kill whatever attacked me and not be able to travel. I'll look around for more enemies, not see any, then walk in one direction for five minutes and still not be able to travel. Something like 80% of the new adventurers I've made have just given in to starvation because I can't figure out how to travel.