Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [39a] Control+F10 for Macs (resolved)  (Read 741 times)

nagual678

• Bay Watcher
  • Noble Sam says: I want YOU for the Fortress Guard!
    • View Profile
[39a] Control+F10 for Macs (resolved)
« on: July 14, 2008, 06:24:36 pm »

This is not a combination of keys you can use in an application, so mac users can't access anything that requires control and f10 to be pressed (namely special world gen params etc).
If I can recommend something, it would be to use command+key combinations, as it's the standard on macs.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:59:43 pm by nagual678 »

nagual678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39a] Control+F10 for Macs
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:29:20 pm »

Actually, I'm not sure but the bug seems to me more than that. Right now in the custom world param screen there are two distinct options that you can call (if you could actually press those keys in a useful way on macs) by control+f10, which are "enter advanced parameters" and "copy param sets".

The key bindings have a bunch of stuff bound to these same keys, i think something's going on because i can see on the first page "select all" and "deselect all" bound both to control+f10

nagual678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [39a] Control+F10 for Macs (resolved)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 08:01:14 pm »

i'd like to cancel this bug report. it was caused by me dragging and dropping the init files from the previous version. i imagine the new key bindings were because of the program filling in the missing lines. Still, maybe it should use the default keys and not use control f10 for everything.