Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Under siege! D:  (Read 1171 times)

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
Under siege! D:
« on: June 24, 2008, 05:26:30 pm »

The cops are onto me, they've suddenly decided to siege my business front-ed packing plant, and there was no warning regarding the homeless shelter being raided either!  What am I supposed to do?  Hardly any of my people are suited for combat, just two with 10+ in sub-machine gun and shotgun respectively, one of whom has been recovering from a nasty shot earlier.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
Re: Under siege! D:
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 10:33:24 pm »

Surrender and hope you do well in court?

mport2004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:34:55 pm »

Do you have a backup save file?

How many people do you have and how well armed are they?

If you have traps you might be able to hold when they come for you otherwise make a break for the door.  If you have more than 6 people then have your 2 who can fight stay out of the squad so they don’t get shot.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 04:20:52 am »

Do not surrender if there is your leader there and he has some murders on his account. In this case better to run to the door and hope that nobody takes him down. Give him the best armor you have. And prepare yourself for the slaughter.

Alaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 05:47:49 am »

If you have 5000$ and your leader's kill count is no more than 100-200, then you should simply give up, get him outta jail with an attorney's help and then assemble a new squad. Training up 500 juice + 10 or so in swords takes about 2 in-game weeks, then your guys will be able to bust into jail and amnesty their comrades.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 05:07:10 am »

If you have an earlier save game, like the one for the day before the siege, you can move everyone to a different location from where the siege is, and make sure to have a squad take all the stuff you stored at whatever location is going to be under siege.  Then, the next day, when that location is under siege, just go to that location and surrender, and they will not find anybody or anything there, and you can move everyone back to that same location that was just under siege the next day, after the siege.  And how do you back up an earlier save game?  Make a copy of the file save.dat, and rename it or put it in another directory.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 11:41:39 pm »

Is the paper factory fortified for a siege?  I remember in a previous version this was broken (perhaps not broken, it kinda seems logical now that I think about it), so that anyone set to to leave in the "a"ctivate menu (i.e. to sell brownies, liberal disobedience, etc) would end up in a safehouse that wasn't being seiged.  You can also see if "reassigning the squadless" does anything.  The final option if you're fortified is to train your underlings in whatever combat skills match common weapons, such as hand to hand.

And remember the slogan of Dwarf Fortress: Losing is Fun!