Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Addy addiction, disapearing forts, inflate errors + my s  (Read 840 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
Addy addiction, disapearing forts, inflate errors + my s
« on: August 20, 2007, 10:35:00 am »

So after playing since august i got to the point where i can mine the precious and create items from it before everythings gets doomed.
After taking an adventurer back countless times this weekend i finally got a hold of an Addy hammer and full suit!!!!!!!
Love takin on the wolf packs its like wolf baseball!!!
So i get the idea to forge some addy doors and statues and anvils then move them to another fort.
Then the trouble begins.  I have multiple saves so i been tryin to work around this but...
Seems if i pick up addy furniture and leave i get the infalte error. also seems the fort i intended to bring it to disapeared off the reclaim map, it was there before i started the adventurer but when i got the stuff it disapeared???

So after multiple days wasted this weekend i either get the infalte error or disapearing forts. Can anyone help?

sincerely,
Berent - addy addict

P.S. Anyone know how my precious will be handled in the new version? And wtf is up with the inflate error?? That is the biggest threat to dwarven fun imho.

[ August 20, 2007: Message edited by: berent ]

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Arkan15

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Addy addiction, disapearing forts, inflate errors + my s
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 10:42:00 am »

Inflate errors happen if DF crashes, your computer locks up, you CTRL+ALT+DEL it, or it otherwise exits your game without saving.

I think.

IP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!
YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE GUTS!

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 10:44:00 am »

Yeah its crashin or goin inflate when i try to move the precious....

[ August 20, 2007: Message edited by: berent ]

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Jeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 01:43:00 pm »

Hmmm, I also had an inflate error after messing around with addy stuff as an adventurer.

Maybe taking the addy furniture with me wasn't a good idea?

If that's true then... it wasn't the elves punishing me for destroying them all with my +Giant, Adamantine Axe Blade+... it was the demons living inside my furniture!

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 01:48:00 am »

Hehe for people new to DF Addy might sound like a nickname for a drug.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 03:15:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Keilden:
<STRONG>Hehe for people new to DF Addy might sound like a nickname for a drug.</STRONG>

It's not?

Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 04:12:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
<STRONG>

It's not?</STRONG>

Sorry to break your dreams. But its a mineral. But you can do as me and mod in a new mushroom called Dizzy Shroom, and when its processd you get Dizzy Powder. For some reason almost all my current nobles likes to consume Dizzy Powder.

The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:30:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
<STRONG>

It's not?</STRONG>

You have a point.  Not all drugs are consumable....  :D

the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 11:44:00 am »

Apparently if you move the addy it freezes the game.