Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: #'s on recent development page?  (Read 2534 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: #'s on recent development page?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 06:14:26 am »

But holidays = 0, because they will be moved to the end of the month.

That leaves only the unexpected things, which I think is a multiplier varying from 1 to 2. There also exists the "Things go smoothly"-multiplier which varies from 0.5 to 1. For simplicity's sake I won't include the rare "Catastrophe"- multiplier that, when applied, varies from 10 to infinity.

So after further calculations aided by Deon, I have come to a conclusion that the release is coming in 3 to 12 days (with rounding errors), with heavily weighed probability towards the 6th day and weighed probability towards the days after that.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 06:28:42 am by LASD »

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 06:27:40 am »

One of the items in the list might expand into multiple items upon being reached. Remember the countdown before the z level release?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 03:13:47 pm »

That leaves only the unexpected things, which I think is a multiplier varying from 1 to 2. There also exists the "Things go smoothly"-multiplier which varies from 0.5 to 1. For simplicity's sake I won't include the rare "Catastrophe"- multiplier that, when applied, varies from 10 to infinity.

So after further calculations aided by Deon, I have come to a conclusion that the release is coming in 3 to 12 days (with rounding errors), with heavily weighed probability towards the 6th day and weighed probability towards the days after that.

Looks like LASD's prediction is spookily accurate- It still looks dead on two days from now, or slightly after.

The only way he could be wrong is if it's tomorrow.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 06:39:33 pm »

LASD can scientifically predict the future!
How about you?
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Boomer

• Bay Watcher
  • EXPLOSIONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 07:32:22 pm »

Perfect. Just when I am getting used to this one...
"Damn, I just noticed that this was post Nr 1500, and I had nothing memorable to say...I will go and play with the carp now."

~Akroma
Pages: 1 [2]