Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So if i drop somethin in a trade depot in adv.....  (Read 792 times)

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
So if i drop somethin in a trade depot in adv.....
« on: August 17, 2007, 10:23:00 am »

will it be there if i reclaim the fort?
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: So if i drop somethin in a trade depot in adv.....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 11:51:00 am »

Yes. Actually, if you drop it anywhere on the map it will remain there.
However, reclaiming a fort after adventuring there will cause you a serious amount of re-piling stockpiles, as stuff gets scattered everywhere.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 12:59:00 pm »

So we can have adamantium things without any chance of too-deeping the fort or cheating?
So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!

Gask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 01:09:00 pm »

Yes... if you want to go through the trouble of making a fortress advanced enough to defeat the demons and mine/process the metal of the gods.  Then hope to be able to create all the items you want before too deeping, then hauling all of that stuff to some new fort you just made.  To each his own though   :p
http://l052.mybrute.com Come and meet my dwarf eating bear

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 02:03:00 pm »

I tried to do just that, addy anvils statues etc., but i made a test run at the new fort(just a depot with a bridge door and a lever) and dropped my clothes then reclaimed the fort and nothing was there.

I have bridged off all the pits and have clear access to the addy!! yeah after playin since like august!

quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

Ravendas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 08:54:00 pm »

Items in trade depots are not scattered when an adventurer visits. Everything else scatters randomly however, even to spaces that you cannot physically get to, like undug banks of the river/chasm/magma.

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 10:38:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Gask:
<STRONG>Yes... if you want to go through the trouble of making a fortress advanced enough to defeat the demons and mine/process the metal of the gods.  Then hope to be able to create all the items you want before too deeping, then hauling all of that stuff to some new fort you just made.  To each his own though    :p</STRONG>

I have it down to a science but whenever i get to moving stuff the world gets ruined by infalte errors..........am i going insaaaane????

Savok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

If you ctrl-alt-delete, always restore from a backup save.
So sayeth the Wiki Loremaster!