Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best Wounds  (Read 3497 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: Best Wounds
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 06:43:37 am »

Hehehe...My adventurer has had both his hands broken twice. Once he bit 4 wolves to death leaving that area with about ten wolf chunks two legs and a wolf head in his mouth. The next time his hands were both broken he bit the tail off an aligator. My other adventurer from loong ago had a total of 5 bolts and 2 arrows stuck in various body parts before he was finaly killed by a demon. Im pretty sure the reason he died there was from a goblin grabing onto one of the arrows and pulling it out or twisting it or some such. Did I mention I never had him take out any of the arrows? They were like trophies that couldnt get stolen =]
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 06:37:33 pm »

That's right. I was woken up by an Olmman CHEWING ON MY HEAD. And he sucked out my left eye. :(
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:39:22 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Ziin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 07:21:18 pm »

I had a wrestler get both of his arms ripped off at the elbow by an enraged elven merchant, who then broke both his legs.

The poor guy managed to drag himself most of the way home before someone decided to help him.

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 11:04:48 am »

I had a dwarf take a fireball in the brain from a fire imp.  he was otherwise un hurt pretty much.  he has a few yellow wounds from burns and a grey brain wound.  is he a vegetable now? or will he get up and just not be quite right?
keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 11:35:52 am »

Most of the other wounds should heal eventually, but the brain wound won't. He'll never spar again, but he'll be able to do any other job completely normally.

The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

1sauber1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 12:49:53 pm »

I had a steel handaxe stuck in my head once.

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 04:03:20 am »

I had a dwarf take a fireball in the brain from a fire imp.  he was otherwise un hurt pretty much.  he has a few yellow wounds from burns and a grey brain wound.  is he a vegetable now? or will he get up and just not be quite right?

I find it mind-boggling that a fireball can somehow burn a dwarf all the way down to their brain and leave them alive.

Can you imagine what the poor bastard looks like now?

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 08:06:13 am »

I guess that's the very defenition of "Superdwarvenly Tough"

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 04:41:42 pm »

I never seem to get good wounds, all of them are broken legs or arms or somesuch. :(

Though there was that one time I had a halberd stuck in my leg and an arrow sticking out of my chest. A peasant grabbed it and pulled it out (not sure which) and became a thief in the eyes of the nation... so the guards and peasants that were attacking me dissolve into a two-sided brawl over my corpse when I bled to death.

I love reading about adventurers with stuff stuck in things, and the creative ways with which they have met their demise.

Also! One time I was a dwarf spearman and stuck my spear in a goblin's head. Twisted it around once, grabbed it, yanked it out, killed him instantly.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Alex Encandar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 05:04:44 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=15869.0

If I remember correctly she died after slaying a tentacle demon in that fortress. Good times.
Onolerar (Desert Fort) Map Thread
Hammerwalls (Ocean Fort) Map Thread
Fountaintomb (Aged fort) Map Thread
Earthday (Hazard Fort) Map: Thread:

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 05:13:15 pm »

Well, I had a metalworker who took a brutal beating from marksgoblins during a seige before she drug herself back inside. After a while of healing, the mayor decided she needed a month in prison for violating a work order by not being able to make Iron items in my magmaless rocky wasteland. He promptly mandated more iron...

So I had her miner husband pull the execution lever on the guy, to create a wonderful terraforming accident. Sweet justice. Still, I'd expected the wife had died in the prison, and forgot about it for a month or so, until I saw someone walking around, and noticed that she'd gotten out of prison, and was walking around with a red lung wound. A little winded, but she's survived for several years, and now has a happy family.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2008, 05:17:40 pm »

My adventurer went fighting fish, and a Longnose Gar poked out his left eye.

I travelled out of there. I decide to hunt unicorns just for fun.

The horn of the unicorn poked out the guy's other eye.

Thankfully, he died from his wounds shortly afterwards.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Eatnobles4breakfast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2008, 08:44:57 pm »

I have had many occations where both lungs have been pierced, upper spine, heart, and even liver have been pierced!
I tell ya, it's hard to find straight bolts these days...
i also had fun shooting a goblin in the head, only to break his brain, which didn't seem to bother him...lol
Dastog Eatsnobles is posessed with a lazy mood!
Dastog Eatsnobles cancels be useful: in a lazy mood
Dastog Eatsnobles has claimed a wooden couch!
Dastog Eatsnobles is now a legendary peasant!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 08:56:04 pm »

I jumped 2 z-levels like seven times to see how badly I could hurt myself.  First I battered my legs, then I broke my foot, after a while I was horribly injured, and the next jump cracked my skull open, and I died a few rounds later.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 [2]