Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vote: DF Stories Wiki name  (Read 1814 times)

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
Re: Vote: DF Stories Wiki name
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2008, 09:44:00 am »

DF is, above all else, a Plot Generator. The Legends screen tells us of many stories. However, it's the unforeseen things, the unpredictable, that make DF such an amazing game.

Jreengus Occured makes perfect sense given the Kobold's intelligence and level of communication, and yet it was still an unexpected finding. It's funny, it's in the devlog, and it embodies the spirit of the game. Make a little blurb explaining it, and quoting the devlog, and bam, no confusion.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 12:20:00 am »

As requested, there will be another week for this round of voting. I was considering the possibility that another week or more might be necessary to get the feedback needed.

As far as the title goes, I would like the site to have a random title (titles?) at the top of the page, sort of like how the main dwarf wiki has two random quotes. Is this possible with Wikia? I'm not familiar with some of the finer points of wikis.

If so, the front page could have a randomly selected title, as well as two randomly-selected quotes from stories on the wiki (selecting from a list just like on the DFwiki). Each story quote would also conveniently link to that story.

Anyway, anyone who hasn't voted yet may still vote until next Saturday, at least.

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 12:58:00 am »

Dwarf Fortress Story Wiki

Histories of [Something] and [Something]

Replace [Something] with whatever is appropriate.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 04:22:00 pm »

Yeah, I've been considering that one. I think I accidentally left it off the list, though. That's part of what the second voting round will be for; any names that might have been overlooked or suggested late.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 02:58:00 am »

I actually suggested it in the first reply to the thread.  ;)

I think of all the names, Jreengus Occured included, this one would be the best, because DF itself has it in the title screen, and it fits.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 2 [3]