Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Death and burrial  (Read 628 times)

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
Death and burrial
« on: July 03, 2008, 07:08:50 pm »

I seem to keep having issues with my dwarves dieing in storage rooms or kitchens  ::) But I can never seem to get the corpses to a grave yard or in a casket. I do make sure to set the casket to accept the body, and it'll even say so'n'so's casket, but none of my other dwarves seem to want to touch the body so it stays where it died and rots.. Am I doing something wrong?
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Death and burrial
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 07:29:40 pm »

Can your dwarves reach the corpses? Are there locked/forbidden doors in the way?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:32:58 pm »

There werent any doors at all this time around, just before his death dwarves had wondered in and out of the area he was in just fine, tho they wouldnt go near the kitchen or the food storage area after his death.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

Stromko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 07:58:18 pm »

He's not blocked in by a workshop and there's plenty of idle dwarves with nothing better to do?

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 09:03:25 pm »

He ended up in the storage area behind the kitchen, tho he did spend alot of time in the kitchen before he died. Just my luck on that fortress he was my farmer and I was out of food...*Sigh*

I take it that dwarves can get stuck in workshops if there arent any free tiles surrounding it, besides a door/entryway? This is twice now I've had a dwarf hang around in a workshop and die.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 09:06:32 pm »

Take notice when you are placing the workshop. The dark x's are unpassable - if they block the entrance no-one will be able to get in or out. The light x's are walkable - you will want at least one next to the door(s) of the workshop.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday